Goal: To connect HubSpot and AskNicely:
- Send your HubSpot contacts over to AskNicely via "HubSpot Smart Lists" to be surveyed with our Send Scheduler.
- Select the Hubspot Contact Properties you want to see in AskNicely.
- Display your AskNicely Results in HubSpot.
- HubSpot "Admin" rights.
- Paid Marketing version of HubSpot
Summary of HubSpot Integration Capabilities
HubSpot is one of our most robust and flexible integrations - congrats, you've lucked out! Here's how it works:
Syncing your contacts from HubSpot into your AskNicely account happens on a daily basis. The easiest way to do this is by creating "Smart Lists" of your customers in HubSpot, which are then pulled into AskNicely. Building the "Smart Lists" in HubSpot allows you to provide whatever criteria you choose, as well as providing control over exactly which contacts are pulled into AskNicely.
Once your contacts are in AskNicely, we can use the Send Scheduler and the Global Contact Rules to control when your surveys will be sent.
By connecting your HubSpot account, you'll have the following options:
- Choose which of your Contact's properties are pulled through into the AskNicely record so that you can aggregate NPS scores and responses by the data points you choose.
- Utilize our 2-way sync to see AskNicely responses directly in HubSpot - these can appear on a contact's timeline as well as in their "Properties", giving you the ability to find and query both the history of a contact's responses and with their most recent responses.
- With the 2-way Sync, in HubSpot,you will be able to build complex queries for your AskNicely responses - you can find and filter contacts based on their feedback, and take different HubSpot workflow actions based on score or comment.
1. How to Connect HubSpot and AskNicely
- Click App Store > Integrate > Hubspot > Configure > Edit
- Click Connect to Hubspot to authorize the AskNicely app to connect to your HubSpot account.
- A new window will open up in your Hubspot account)
- Follow the remaining steps on screen
- Read the directions on the page to select lists and properties below
2. Selecting Smart Lists
Use a Smart List (or lists) in HubSpot to define which contacts you want to survey. Any selected lists will then be imported and synced daily with any new contacts being added to your survey queue.
Things to note:
- The name of your Smart List will be imported into AskNicely as the "Segment." You can view this by going to the People page and looking under the "SEGMENT" column.
- If a contact is a member of multiple lists in Hubspot, they will not be sent any more surveys than your Global Contact Rules dictate. Global Contact Rules are set at the bottom of the Send page (paper Airplane icon) - the default setting is to send a survey no more than once per 90 days.
- If you have more contacts than you can send in one day, then surveys will be sent over more than one day.
3. Selecting Properties
The Properties you bring in to AskNicely are set during the setup process, but they can be updated at any point by clicking the Edit button on the HubSpot integration page.
Any additional fields you sync in with each contact will enable you to view leaderboards and segment by that field. Examples of useful fields to segment by are type of plan or product purchased, area/territory of customer, customer service rep. Use the checkboxes to bring the fields you believe will be helpful.
4. Display your AskNicely Fields in Hubspot:
AskNicely fields will show up in two locations: The "Contact Activity timeline" and the "About This" contact section.
To enable the "Contact Activity timeline":
- Click on the "Filter Activity" drop down and make sure that under Integrations you have AskNicely selected.
2. You're done! Once that's checked, when you click on the "Details" drop down on the Contact Activity Timeline, you'll be able to see the score, comment, tag (aka Feedback Topic), category, the NPS question that was asked, and the response date/time.
To enable AskNicely responses in the "About this" contact section:
1. Scroll down and select "View all properties".
2. On the left side, click on "Set default properties".
3. Search for NPS
4. 5 properties will show up that you can add to the default display. NPS Comment, NPS Date, NPS Score, NPS Segment, and NPS Tag - see below:
Once you have added these fields, you now have a full 2-way sync with HubSpot. Congratulations!
If you have any additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us by clicking the chat bubble in the bottom right corner of the screen or in your account.