Welcome to Conversations!
NPS is fantastic (of course), but sometimes your business’ competing priorities mean you want to ask a variety of questions. Traditionally, this would have involved a static survey that looked more like a pop quiz, leaving customers to take one glance before giving up. Now, it’s as easy as having a conversation, thanks to AskNicely’s Conversations tool!
Check out this video to see a quick clip of Conversations in action. Conversations like this one begin as soon as your respondent chooses a number in your survey.
Conversations allows you to:
- Customize an interactive sequence of questions and answers.
- Present your questions to your customer in a chat-style interface, right after they’ve clicked their initial rating in your survey.
- Ask a variety of questions, including NPS, CSAT, CES, and Multi-Option questions, to name a few
- Create context-specific responses based on answers or key data points. Empathize with their experience and respond appropriately!
- Ask targeted follow-up questions based on a specific data about your contacts.
- Use branching logic to display the question differently based on response or add/skip a particular question if one answer makes later questions unnecessary.
- Ask up to 7 questions through any branch
To make it easy to put this together, you can use our Conversation Builder, which shows a simple process flow and allows you to create your Conversation step-by-step, choosing what to ask, and how to respond to the answer.
Switching a Survey to Conversation
If you have Conversations already installed, you’ll find it under the Survey section, and then the Survey tab.
To convert a survey to a conversational survey, click Convert to conversation survey.
NOTE: If you don’t see “Convert to conversational survey,” Conversations may not be included in your account. No worries! Just contact your Customer Success Manager, or firstname.lastname@example.org to get that set up.
You’ll notice a big change in your survey as soon as it reloads. Your single follow up question will be gone, replaced with the Conversation Builder.
Check out a tour of the Conversation Builder so you can get started building your conversations!