Connecting AskNicely to Marketing Cloud
The first step when integrating AskNicely and Marketing Cloud is to connect your accounts together. When you connect your accounts, we won't send any action immediately - you'll have a chance to make sure everything is ready to go before sending your surveys.
Once your accounts are connected, you'll want to make sure you're logged in to both your AskNicely and Marketing Cloud accounts. Then, do the following:
- In Marketing Cloud, navigate to Settings > Setup, Platform Tools > Apps, Installed Packages
2. Select the AskNicely Package you created when setting up the integration with Marketing Cloud Journey Builder and choose 'Add Component'.
3. Select 'API Integration' from the component types.
4. Select server-to-server
5. Check the options to enable read and write permissions for Data Extensions and Contacts, then save.
6. Copy the ClientID and Secret and Authentication Base URI from the API Integration Component; then, go into AskNicely and click App Store (bottom left above Settings) > Integrate > Marketing Cloud. Follow the "Configure" steps to add the ClientID and Secret into the relevant area.
7. Inside of Marketing Cloud Contact Builder, create a new Data Extension called AskNicely with the following attributes:
- Email address: Email Address
- NPS score: Number
- Comment: Text
- Segment: Text
- Survey response date: Date
- Topic: Text
- Do not contact: Boolean
- user_id: can be Email Address, Text, or Number (i.e., whatever is used to link contact data)
Note: The spelling and upper/lowercase wording above has to match EXACTLY otherwise AskNicely won't pick up the field.
8. In Data Designer, select 'Create Attribute Group' and give it a general name like "NPS Results"
9. Create a new Attribute Group called something descriptive like "AskNicely NPS Results."
10. Then, add the AskNicely data extension to the attribute group and link it to Contacts.
11. Link your Customer Data to the AskNicely data extension.
This example shows linking via email address, but you may use any link. (Example: via contact key and user_id).
12. If done correctly, you should see the message "Marketing Cloud is configured correctly" as shown below on your Marketing Cloud page in AskNicely:
NPS Scores and feedback will begin showing in Marketing Cloud as soon as customers complete surveys. You're all set!